ADSM-L

Re: STGNew, STGReuse etc

1998-10-05 12:10:28
Subject: Re: STGNew, STGReuse etc
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:10:28 -0500
     Now where things such as data base backups and exports & imports use
     the sequential volume history to determine the "use" of such tapes
     (that is if the seqvolhist record for these tapes are removed, the
     tapes will roll back scratch or however they were checked in) the
     tapes defined to storage pools will exist in their proper state even
     if their seqvolhist record is removed.

     Now double check me on that 'cause the last time I dorked with that
     was 2.5 years ago... I currently just have an admin schedule that
     clears all info in excess of 1 year old for any and all seq vol hist
     data...

     In our mvs environment I clear things every 30 days 'cause the 3490
     vols don't hold as much and tons more records are generated than in
     the 3590 environment.

     But that's my schedule for clearing general info and seems to work
     fine.  Oh, I do daily deletes on type=dbb tod=-7 to clear database
     backup records and I manually clean up export/import tapes when I
     finish with them.

     later,
          Dwight