ADSM-L

SELECT of archive files with null descriptions

1998-10-05 11:35:01
Subject: SELECT of archive files with null descriptions
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:35:01 -0400
To you SELECT gurus out there...

The following SELECT statement works fine for me to list all archives done
from a client:

SELECT hl_name,ll_name,description from archives where node_name='SCCAT" and
type='FILE'

When I try to list only those files with a certain description, the
following works great:

SELECT hl_name,ll_name,description from archives where node_name='SCCAT" and
type='FILE' and description='MY ARCHIVES'

Now, I am stumped on how to list those archives with a null description
(from when this client was at Version 2).  I have tried:

SELECT hl_name,ll_name,description from archives where node_name='SCCAT" and
type='FILE' and description=''

SELECT hl_name,ll_name,description from archives where node_name='SCCAT" and
type='FILE' and description=' '

Any suggestions???

Also, How do I get the size of the archive file.  There does not seem to be
a column in the ARCHIVES table for size.  There is however, an OBJECT_ID.
But how do I query this OBJECT_ID for information about the file??

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Bob Price

Westinghouse Information Systems
4350 Northern Pike
Monroeville, PA 15146-2886

Email:   pricerr AT westinghouse DOT com
Voice:   (412) 374-3247, (WIN) 284-3247
FAX:     (412) 374-3470, (WIN) 284-3470