ADSM-L

100% CPU on Dual Processor Server

1998-09-29 08:00:06
Subject: 100% CPU on Dual Processor Server
From: John Sherlock <jsherloc AT BOOLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:00:06 +0100
Hi guys,

We have installed ADSM 3.1 for Windows NT 4.0 Service pack 3 on a dual
300 mghz processor with 192 Mb of memory.

ADSM was installed for backing up Notes Database without the Notes
Agent. The ADSM server is running on the same server as the Lotus notes
Server.
We cannot seperate the two servers.

We have only 4 clients ( 1 NetWare, 2 NT and 1 Linux ) and we're
experencing 100% CPU load. So the computer is *very* slow even with just
one client running.

We have also installed the same configuration in other offices and we
have the same problem.

Has someone had this problem or/and have an idea of the way to solve it
?