ADSM-L

Starting client scheduler remotely

1998-09-24 04:55:50
Subject: Starting client scheduler remotely
From: Mathew Warren <MWarren AT TANDB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:55:50 +0100
Hello People,

I have been trying to do something I thought would be easy.

How can you start the client scheduler remotely? My aim is to write a little
script that goes through all of our nodes (AIX) and starts the scheduler if it
is down. I have the checking part ok, but whenever I try to start a scheduler
It seems that it is not detatching itself from the process trying to start it.
My end hangs untill CTRL+C and then I get the >> Process Interupted << gubbins.

I have tried various permutations of rsh and rexec but I just cannae get it to
work.

Matthew Warren.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and
confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its contents by any person other than
the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Tibbett & Britten Group Network
Administration
Department on 01707 391010 (UK).