ADSM-L

Multiple Drives in dsmc restore

1998-09-23 02:30:24
Subject: Multiple Drives in dsmc restore
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:30:24 +1000
Hi

Yet, me again!!!!

I got a machine that needs to have periodic restores sent to it, so I setup a
schedule to do a restore on the target machines F-drive every 2 hours, and a
restore to its G-drive every 2-hours (alternated from F-drive restores).

Example:-
8am - Restore data to the F-drive
9am - Restore data to the G-drive
10am - Restore data to the F-drive
11am - Restore data to the G-drive
and so on....

However, the target machine sits and waits for the first restore to its
F-drive, gets polled a few times over a 15minute period (which I setup on the
server), and then misses the restore. Nowhere does the restore to G-drive come
up, and this confounds me.

Also, I can run the restores manually and perfectly by using the dsmc...blah
blah line command, but the system will not kick off the schedule restore. Every
minute I (in the 15 minute window) I see the message on the target machine that
it has been contacted - then the target machine says it is waiting to be
contacted by the server. After 15 minutes of this the schedule is missed, and
yet again I am confounded.

I know the system can do this, but my old brain and its antiquated operating
system have prolly made a boo-boo somewhere. What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Shane