ADSM-L

Automating schedule for monthly backups.

1998-09-23 01:30:54
Subject: Automating schedule for monthly backups.
From: Johan Gouws <johang AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 07:30:54 +0200
Hi Everybody

I scheduled full backups to run every end of month. I used the administrative
schedules to change the management class etc. The period between startup is set
to one month and the day to Saturday. The second month that this was run the
backup did kick of after 1 month but it was on a Tuesday. I specified Saturday
because I am not able to run full backups during the week. Does ADSM look at
the day specified. Surely it should look at all parameters and if the day is
not as specified wait until day=Saturday. Am I doing something wrong ? The
platform is WINNT 4.0 SP3 and ADSM v3 PTF4.

Thanx
Johan