ADSM-L

Multiple backup commands for onsite and offsite copies

1998-09-22 12:59:59
Subject: Multiple backup commands for onsite and offsite copies
From: Bob Barden <Bob_Barden AT AAL DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:59:59 -0500
In our current server environment is MVS v2
Here are the specs for our question:  We run

      Daily backups to a disk primary backuppool nightly.

      Backuppool is then copied to offsite copypool via BACKUP stgpool
   command.

           The next morning Backupppool is migrated to onsite tape primary
   storage pool.

To cover situations where Backuppool fills up and backups go directly to
our onsite primary tape storage pool
we are wanting to  add another BACKUP stgpool command to go from our Onsite
primary tape storage pool to our Offsite copy stgpool.

Our question is:

Can we run these two commands at the same time since they would both be
going to the same Offsite Copy Pool?

Thanks....