ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Unix sparse files

1998-09-18 14:39:19
Subject: Re: ADSM and Unix sparse files
From: Geoff Allen <geoff AT WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:39:19 -0700
I said:

>But recently, the "lastlog" file, a sparse file which *had* been
>backing up just fine, suddenly started trying to back up as a 60MB
>file, rather than the 800KB that it really is. I'm not sure what
>caused things to change (haven't changed anything in ADSM and aren't
>aware of any change in the Unix system).

That should have been 60GB. 60MB wouldn't be that big a problem....

Geoff

--
Geoff Allen, geoff AT wsu DOT edu, <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>
Geoff Allen, geoff AT wsu DOT edu, <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>

Any instrument is hard if you hope to play it very well.
    -- Mark O'Connor, when asked if playing fiddle was hard