ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Exclude through clientopt

1998-09-17 04:07:10
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Exclude through clientopt
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:07:10 +0200
Hi Betsy!
Ok, I (re-)tried your suggestion. Through the GUI I entered:
exclude "c:\windows\temporary internet files\...\*" in the option value
field.
Result when clicking Apply:
ANR2023E DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Extraneous parameter - c:\windows\temporary.

Well, let's try the commandline interface. According to the
Administrator's Reference (page 98) I should enter:
define clientopt win95 exclude "c:\windows\temporary internet
files\...\*" force=yes
This results in the error:
ANR2056E DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option name - EXCLUDE. Retry using
the full optionname.

Strange, the manual indicates EXCLUDE is a valid option. Ok, I will try
using the option value used by the GUI:
define clientopt win95 inclexcl exclude "c:\windows\temporary internet
files\...\*" force=yes
This results in the error:
ANR2023E DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Extraneous parameter - c:\windows\temporary
internet files\...\*.

Hmm. Ok, let's try the following then:
define clientopt win95 inclexcl "exclude c:\windows\temporary internet
files\...\*" force=yes
This results in:
ANR2050I DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Option INCLEXCL defined in optionset WIN95.

Yes!!! Now start the backup: files in c:\windows\temporary internet
files are still being backed up! When I check the dsmerror.log it says:
09/17/1998 09:56:05 Management class 'INTERNET' named on include/exclude
line 0 does not exist.

I give up. What am I doing wrong?????
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon