ADSM-L

Re: Need help controlling explosive growth

1998-09-15 16:42:48
Subject: Re: Need help controlling explosive growth
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:42:48 -0400
Hi Bob,

What level is your ADSM server at? This sounds like the problem
reported in APAR IX75336 which was fixed in ADSM 3.1.1.1. Try
getting to the current ADSM server level and see if the problem
goes away.

Regarding the formatting of the output: your screen width is most
likely set to 80. The actual output is around 110 columns wide.
This is why I indicated that I trimmed the column size in my
sample output. When I increase my screen width, it displayed
in the column mode.

A better alternative might be to run it as a batch command and
redirect the output to a file, i.e.:

dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx -outfile select blahblah > select.out

The "select blahblah" is the select statement I gave you earlier.
It might be easier to store it in a plain text file, and run it as
a macro:

dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx -outfile macro select.mac > select.out

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Andy,

Yes, the "select ... from occupancy" would surely help except our v3
ADSM server shows totally bogus numbers for physical_mb and logical_mb.
The "query occ" interface shows the correct numbers.  The "select"
interface appears to repeat the values for the first listed filespace
within each storage pool.  Assuming I have to use the "query occ"
interace until the "select" interface is fixed, how do I get "query occ"
to display wide columns??  SET SQLDISPLAYMODE WIDE does not appear to
work on "query occ".

Thanks to you others out there who also wrote to suggest I use query
occ.

Bob