ADSM-L

German versus English Version (Clients)

1998-09-08 05:27:15
Subject: German versus English Version (Clients)
From: Sabine Rettenberger <Sabine.Rettenberger AT WOLF-HEIZTECHNIK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:27:15 +0200
Hello,

somebody told me:
"If you have an NT-Client with a German NT-Version -> install ADSM in
German Language.
If you have an NT-Client (or Win 95, ect) in English Version -> install
ADSM in English Language. "

I did so, but i´m not happy with the German Installation (DSMSCHED-Log -
Prunning, ect.)

I know the Language-Parameter in the Option-File.

If  i set  this to "AMENG" and like to start the BACKUP-GUI, then the
Message "Failed loading  Language DLL (dsc30enu.dll)" appears.

I´m not shure, if I had to de-install the German Version and then to
install the English Version, or it´s the only thing that i copy the
DSC30ENU.DLL from another Client.
And afterwards i can switch between German and English  Language.

Are there any Problems, if i had already backed-up with German Language and
then i backup or restore with English  ???
In the Option-File I use "USEUNICODEFILENAMES OFF".

The ADSM-NT Server 3.1.1.3  is installed in English Language

Tank you !!!!

Sabine Rettenberger

Wolf GmbH
Germany / Bavaria