ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude list

1998-09-02 12:34:23
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude list
From: Brian Furphy <vndob571 AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:34:23 -0400
John,  You can specify INCLUDE and EXCLUDE options in the ADSM options file (
DSM.OPT ) to tell ADSM which files to exclude from backup processing.  It works
with either an incremental or selective backup.  However, ADSM backs up any
files that are not explicitly excluded.  That is, you don't need to specify an
INCLUDE option to include specific files unless those files are in a directory
you are attempting to exclude.  Wildcards can be used with both options to make
life easer.

Let's say you want to exclude all files with an exe extention, except those
found on the c: drive in the temp directory.
 exclude ?:*.exe
 include c:\temp\*.exe

ADSMingly yours
Brian Furphy

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 09-02-98 08:31:31 AM