ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Error message on Console

1998-09-02 09:43:02
Subject: Re: ADSM Error message on Console
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 06:43:02 -0700
Eric,

I am curious, are you doing real-time error/event reporting, or just making
a log of these errors to be reported, perhaps, once a day?

However, I would strongly recommend the SQL SELECT command upon the ACTLOG
table.  Here is an example of one I use to report a daily status via E-mail
to us ADSM administrators.  It reports all previous day messages and up to
the time it runs at 7:00am in the morning.  Notice that I filter out some of
the noise messages (and I keep thinking I am going to add to this).  The
results of this output is piped to a dataset that is then E-mailed.  Hope
this helps.

select (char(date(date_time)),5) as date, time(date_time) as time, message
from actlog where date(date_time)>=current date - 1 day and severity<> 'I'
and msgno not in (0422,0482,0944,2034,2166,2904,2940)'

The output looks something like this (look at it in fixed font format):

DATE          TIME     MESSAGE

09-01     02:12:53     ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 2089 for node
09-01     02:12:53     ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 2089 for node
DCPP100 (WinNT) - internal server error detected.

Mark Mapes
PG&E