ADSM-L

ADSM Error message on Console

1998-09-02 03:15:51
Subject: ADSM Error message on Console
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:15:51 +0800
I am running AIX ADSM v2 server. "dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -con" is run

under a unix telnet session, capture all the messages and alert messages

with suffix "E" to operator with the help of a OS/2 console monitoring s/w

I am now testing v3 server. If I issue a wrong command under my dsmadmc

session eg "q",error msg will prompt at my dsmadmc session & console:

"ANR2021E Query: Missing subcommand keyword."

Or "q pro" while there is no process running:

"ANR0944E Query Process: No active processes found."

In V2, these messages only display at my dsmadmc session but not console.

And this is good as these are non-critical messages while console only

capture the critical ones (eg tape I/O error) and operators can get alert

I try "end eventlogging console" and it stops those non-critical messages
& all other error messages from console.

I think I can use "disable event console" but there needs to disable each
unwanted
messages one by one.

Question: is there easy way to get the same console message handling effect
as in v2?

Regards,
Eric Tang / Hong Kong / IBM  @ IBMHK
Technical Services, Strategic Outsourcing,
IBM Greater China Group
Tel: (852)-2105-2119,   Fax: (852)-2861-2493
Notes: Eric KF Tang/Hong Kong/IBM@IBMHK
Internet : tangeric@ hk1.ibm.com