ADSM-L

Re: adsm db backup

1998-08-31 12:53:36
Subject: Re: adsm db backup
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 11:53:36 -0500
And to add to Tom's excellent response, if you want to be able to use the
previous database backups, make sure your reusedelay on your tape storage
pools is set appropriately.  If you use a database backup from 2 days ago,
make sure the tapes that may have been emptied via reclamation haven't been
reused yet.  If they've been reused then you're in trouble.  I keep my
database backups for 3 days and have my reusedelay set to 3 also.

Tina