ADSM-L

Re: HP-UX: support of VXFS, new client 3.1.0.5

1998-08-31 13:03:38
Subject: Re: HP-UX: support of VXFS, new client 3.1.0.5
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:03:38 +0000
>Date:    Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:45:46 +0200
>From:    "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
>Subject: HP-UX: support of VXFS, new client 3.1.0.5
>
>Hello
>
>two questions about new client 3.1.0.5 for HP-UX:
>
>- is it ready to install or should we wait a similar refresh as it =
>happened
>for the Win32 client?
>
>- are the VXFS filesystems on HPUX 10 machines supported? The old ADSM
>documentation states that VXFS filesystems are NOT supported. According =
>IBM ADSM rep support, it was going to be available 1Q98. Is it now?

Yes, it is.  In fact, it's always been supported by ADSM V3 for HP-UX,
but the support for VXFS hadn't been explicitly mentioned, as it's the
standard FS type of HP-UX 10.x and up.

Regarding install or wait: So far we didn't here anything about problems
with 3.1.0.5 for HP, so with all the defects and APARs fixed in this
release I'd recommed to go ahead and install.

Regards,
                     Christian

Christian Bolik
IBM SM IT Software Development ADSM