ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: read tests

1998-08-26 12:47:32
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: read tests
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:47:32 -0400
ADSM does not have a built-in solution for tape rotation, but I would imagine
it wouldn't be too difficult to create your own. You could obtain a list of
tapes that haven't been written to or read from for a period of time, and write
a script to issue MOVE DATA commands against those tapes. You can use the QUERY
VOLUME FORMAT=DETAILED command to obtain the list (your script will need to
figure out which tapes meet your age criteria). If you have the ADSM Version 3
server you can issue an SQL statement to obtain the list of tapes that meet the
age criteria. Example:

   select volume_name as "Volume",
          date(last_read_date) as "Last Read",
          date(last_write_date) as "Last Written"
      from volumes
      where(days(current_timestamp)-days(last_read_date)>365) and
           (days(current_timestamp)-days(last_write_date)>365)

(This example lists tapes that have not been read or written for a year.)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division