ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: read tests

1998-08-26 12:30:55
Subject: Antwort: Re: read tests
From: Roger Hohmann <roger_hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:30:55 +0100
Richard,

I fully agree with You, but.. what if I back up operating system components
or application code on 'low' capacity volumes (like 3490) and the system
won't get enough fixes to reclaim or migrate the tape and the system is
running for years (I know systems running for 10 or more years without
further fixes, until Y2000) ? I have a tape never used and don't know this.

Can I handle the rotation of these fixed data with ADSM or do I have to
create my own solution? (Don't tell me I have to change media every 2 years
because of new technologies).

Regards

Roger Hohmann

WestLB