ADSM-L

Re: ADSM >2GB volume support

1998-08-05 20:04:33
Subject: Re: ADSM >2GB volume support
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 18:04:33 -0600
This is off-topic for this thread (it was concerning server support for
db, log, and disk stgpool volumes >2GB, whether it be raw LV or JFS),
but you could look at adsmpipe.

Adsmpipe is a tar-like program written to use the client API.  Using
this with dd should give you the ability to back up raw lv's, however
adsmpipe itself is not supported and it is up to you to keep track of
the map the pseudo-tar file name to LV name.

Cheers...
Bruce