ADSM-L

Re: offsite storage retension

1998-06-24 10:06:25
Subject: Re: offsite storage retension
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:06:25 -0500
     Hello Steven-

     I'll make an assumption here that the retention period you speak of is
     from the RETONLY/RETEXTRA parms of the COPYGROUP definition.

     <click>  <- light

     In ADSM one needs to stop thinking 'tapes' offsite, and start thinking
     'data' versions offsite.  The reason that some tape volumes stay
     longer is because of the tape reclamation process.  In fact, some of
     my offsite tapes have been there for 1+ years because the data on them
     has not expired.

     Regards,
     Al Barth