ADSM-L

Re: adsm and required times for DR -Reply -Reply

1998-05-21 14:52:28
Subject: Re: adsm and required times for DR -Reply -Reply
From: John Cirocco <JCirocco AT GW.CTG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 14:52:28 -0400
Hilary,

> What method are you using to "recover" your NT servers?

We are currently attempting to recover to different hardware using the
bare metal restore red book.  To identical hardware it worked like a
champ.  To different hardware (manufacturer, DASD, # processors, etc)
less than acceptable (much less!!!)

Our Netware, SCO Unix, Sun and Lynux all went well.  Only NT is giving
me fits.  I am to the point where I will just have an identical spare server
sitting around for the mission critical systems...

HTH,
John

John W. Cirocco
Manager, Data Center Operations