ADSM-L

adsm and required times for DR

1998-05-21 12:22:50
Subject: adsm and required times for DR
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:22:50 -0500
Just out of curiosity: does anyone have an idea about how long it would
take (in actual clock hours) an ADSM V2 MVS server to totally recover an NT
4.0 server running ADSM V2 as well running over a 16 Mb token ring wire
through some semblance of a Cisco 7507-type router? (Assume that the client
has had its OS re-loaded, communications re-loaded and tested, and the ADSM
client code re-loaded.) I have some non-believers here who are questioning
whether ADSM could possibly be faster than multiple-mounting DLTs for this
type of recovery at a hot site. And unfortunately, I don't have any firm
numbers to prove these folks are wrong or misguided (and testing seems to
be a nonexistent luxury for this environment).

Thanks much!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA