ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.6 with Overland Tape-Library 7210

1998-05-19 16:00:43
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.6 with Overland Tape-Library 7210
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 16:00:43 -0400
> we are using following environment for an ADSM-Server
> - SPARCserver 1000 with Solaris 2.6
> - ADSM-Server 2.6.0.12
> - Overland-Tape-Library 7210 (two drives)
>
> We have problems with defining the library.
> Following the instructions of the Installation Manual we have to type
>
>     /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/lb
>
> to add the library-driver. - Solaris complains that this driver is
> already
> installed. Evenso we notice two links of the form
>
>     /dev/rmt/*lb
>
> which are evidently point to the drives. These links were created at
> boot-time with 'boot -r'.

You can redo everything via:

     1. rem_drv mt
     2. rem_drv lb
     3. rm /dev/rmt/*lb*
     4. rm /dev/rmt/*mt*
     5. /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt
     6. /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/lb
     7. start admin adsm session, and define the library and drives,

> Now we are a bit confused about the status of the drives and the
> library:
>
>     1. /dev/rmt/*lb points to the drives
>     2. we don't get the driver-device /dev/rmt/*mt for the library.
>     3. we don't know about the element-numbers for the command
>               define drive .... element= ???

I do not know this library, but it should be in the documenation for it.
Otherwise, try running lbtest (in /opt/IBMadsm-s/bin), open the library
device, and do the element inventory (I think that is the menu option...I
no longer have a library that use lb).

Hope this helps.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,