ADSM-L

set sqldatetimeformat / -editor option

1998-05-05 14:10:38
Subject: set sqldatetimeformat / -editor option
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:10:38 -0700
I have two completely unrelated questions for the list.

1) Is there any way, by using 'set sqldatetimeformat' or by
   some other method (perhaps similar to Oracle's to_char
   function), to have dates displayed without their timestamp
   information?

   In some cases, all I want to know is the date, and don't
   really care about the time. The output of any SELECT statement
   with a timestamp invariably ends up with multiple lines of
   output.

2) I noticed in the readme notes for v3.1.1.1 and v3.1.1.2 of
   the AIX server that there a new "EDitor" option that is a
   "toggle that lets you use the command line editor."

   Does this option actually work? Whenever I try it, I get
   the following message:

     ANS1107E Invalid option/value: '-editor'

"It's a dog eat dog world,                Thomas A. La Porte
 and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."     DreamWorks SKG
              - Norm Peterson             <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>