ADSM-L

ADSM Windows Backup - Archive Clients

1998-04-28 16:13:15
Subject: ADSM Windows Backup - Archive Clients
From: John Gillis <jgillis2 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:13:15 -0400
To whom it may concern,

we are running ADSM  on MVS using version 2 and only using it to backup our
desktops using the Windows Backup -
Archive Clients version 2. Later this year I plan to upgrade to version 3 for
both
server and client.

A user reported a problem with version 2. This user received a new PC which has
new version of Windows 95 that
uses FAT32(file allocation table) as part of it's directory structure, thus
enabling WIN95 to address disks larger than
2GB in size. However the user has notice that the backup client now reports his
new disk as 2GB in size and 0%
utilised, but in fact he has a 3GB disk and is about 20% utilised at this moment
of time.

Is this related to the  ADSM backup client release and when we upgrade to
version
3, this problem will not occur !!!!

Many Thanks

John Gillis