ADSM-L

Re: NT SQL Connect Agent

1998-04-13 08:06:19
Subject: Re: NT SQL Connect Agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:06:19 -0400
No, you don't need a "dumpdev" for the SQL Agent.  It uses the
dblib API interface to SQL to get the data and pass it to ADSM.

Here is a modified copy of the sample batch file that we send with the
Exchange Agent. I have changed it slightly to work with the SQL Agent.
I apologize if this doesn't format correctly. I didn't want to create an
attachment since all mail systems cannot process them correctly.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development
IBM Corporation

@ECHO OFF
rem  ==================================================================
rem   sqlfull.bat sample command file
rem
rem   Sample command file containing commands to do a scheduled full
rem   backup of multiple SQL databases to ADSM.
rem
rem   Complete paths must be given for all file names and non-system
rem   commands.
rem
rem  ==================================================================
rem  ==================================================================
rem   Replace "X:" with the drive where SQL Agent is installed.
rem  ==================================================================
set sql_dir=X:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\agentsql
X:
cd %sql_dir%
rem  ==================================================================
rem   2 lines below put a date and time stamp in a log file for you.
rem
rem   Note: you can change "sqlsched.log" to
rem         whatever you prefer in lines below:
rem  ==================================================================
date < NUL >> %sql_dir%\sqlsched.log
time < NUL >> %sql_dir%\sqlsched.log
rem  ==================================================================
rem   This assumes you are using "dsm.opt" for your Agent options file.
rem   If not, you should add the "/adsmoptfile:xxx" option.
rem   Note: You can change "sqlsched.log" and "sqlsfull.log"  to
rem         whatever you prefer.
%sql_dir%\sqldsmc /backupfull:db01 /logfile:%sql_dir%\sqlsfull.log >>
%sql_dir%\sqlsched.log
%sql_dir%\sqldsmc /backupfull:db02 /logfile:%sql_dir%\sqlsfull.log >>
%sql_dir%\sqlsched.log
%sql_dir%\sqldsmc /backupfull:db03 /logfile:%sql_dir%\sqlsfull.log >>
%sql_dir%\sqlsched.log