ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?

1998-04-09 14:40:26
Subject: Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?
From: Mark Evans <MEvans AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:40:26 -0600
Del,

The restore I am attempting is for a single object. The SQL error log
doesn't seem to register any error messages. According to the SQL admin
the messages in that log are normal startup messages for the SQL
machine. I am not very versed in SQL so I have to take his word for it.
I can't export the SQL log to send a copy. Any more ideas?

Mark L. Evans - MCSE
Mark L. Evans - MCSE
mevans AT co.slc.ut DOT us
Network Administrator
Salt Lake County Information Services
Colorado Railroad and Mining History
Colorado Railroad and Mining History
at: http://www.narrowgauge.org/
On Thursday, April 09, 1998 10:23 AM, Del Hoobler
[SMTP:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM] wrote:
> Mark,
>
> We have seen this sometimes when trying to run restores of
> multiple object at the same time.  Try running the restore
> ONE OBJECT AT A TIME.  If it still fails, check the SQL error log
> (accessed via the SQL Server Enterprise Manager)
> to see the errors appearing there at the time the
> restore was attempted.
> Let me know what you find.
>
> Del Hoobler
> ADSM Agent Development
> IBM Corporation
>
> >> Del,
> >>
> >> I have run into a snag on the SQL product. My backup looks great
but the
> >> restore is not working. When I use the version 3 GUI to restore I
get
> >> the following error message:
> >>
> >> ANS0322E (RC306) no text available for this return code. DD-LIB
Message: