ADSM-L

Re: Backint

1998-04-06 02:41:25
Subject: Re: Backint
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 16:41:25 +1000
Jackie,

The backint interface module for ADSM uses an ARCHIVE storage pool for
everything it does.  In fact when you run brbackup and brarchive it
sends its stuff to the archive copy group even though you would
seriously describe this as a backup not an archive.  It doesn't matter
though, it still works very nicely once you get that set up.  Don't
forget that each of your SAP instances should be defined as a node to
ASDM, it makes a significant difference to the functionality (i.e., it
won't start otherwise!).

Murray Nicholas
IT Systems Consultant
Galeforce Information Services Pty Ltd