ADSM-L

Re: HSM candidate list

1998-03-25 12:39:37
Subject: Re: HSM candidate list
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:39:37 +0000
> I have just implemented HSM on my aix system, and I can't
> seem to get it to migrate any files.  I built a candidate list using
> reconcile, and it comes up with 'unable to find any candidates
> in the file system'.   I read page 60 of hte HSM manual (ver 2.1)
> and I seem to pass that criteria.  I dunno, I am just testing HSM
> on my /home filesystem.  Any help out there?  aix 4.2  hsm 3.1
> It is prolly something simple.... ack.

Hi Ben,

please make sure you have space management enabled on the server you are
using.  To verify invoke "dsmc q mg -det" which gives you a detailed
description of the active managment class.  Check the line that starts with
"Space Management Technique", it should be set to "automatic".  If it's set to
another value invoke dsmadmc and issue the command "upd mg standard active
standard spacemgtech=auto".  Other reasons why dsmreconcile doesn't find any
candidates could be that all files in your filesystem are smaller than the
specified stub size, or that you've set the "Auto Migrate on Nun-Usage" option
of your management class to a higher value than 0.

Hope this helps,
                     Christian

Christian Bolik
IBM SM IT Software Development ADSM