ADSM-L

Re: HSM 3.1 problem

1998-03-20 13:22:59
Subject: Re: HSM 3.1 problem
From: Dave Saunders <drs8h AT JM.ACS.VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:22:59 -0500

>> When you defined the Management Class, it sounds like SPACEMGTECHnique=None
>> (the default), rather than Automatic.  The default allows for the usual
>> case of a site not having HSM.       Richard Sims, BU

Sorry I didn't specify this--I have created a management class called
"UVAARCHIVE" with the following attributes:

Management Classes : STANDARD STANDARD UVAARCHIVE

                            Policy Domain Name STANDARD
                               Policy Set Name STANDARD
                               Mgmt Class Name UVAARCHIVE
                          Default Mgmt Class ? Yes
                                   Description UVa default management class.
                    Space Management Technique AUTOMATIC
                       Auto-Migrate on Non-Use 0
                    Migration Requires Backup? NO
                         Migration Destination SPACEMGPOOL
                         Last Update Date/Time 1998-03-20 10:52:51.000000
                Last Update by (administrator) ADMIN

Thanks for any help,
Dave Saunders
drs8h AT virginia DOT edu