ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 tuning on MVS

1998-03-18 09:04:40
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 tuning on MVS
From: "Smith, Richard" <smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:04:40 -0600
Julie,

        Here is what we have in our OS/390 server options file:

TXNGroupmax     256
MOVEBatchsize 1000
MOVESizethresh 500

        It is correct to have the MOVEBatchsize command set to 1000.  I
went to the advanced training class, and was told despite what the
documentation says, 1000 is the max setting for this parm.  To answer
the question in your second e-mail, we have the compressalways option
set to no.  Hope this helps.

Rick Smith
Maritz, Inc.
Storage & Security Administration