ADSM-L

ADSM V3 tuning on MVS

1998-03-17 18:15:38
Subject: ADSM V3 tuning on MVS
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:15:38 -0600
I am moving ADSM on OS/390 from V2 to V3. In reviewing the server options
file, I noticed a couple parms that I tuned before, according to a
Performance and Tuning Guide for ADSM, that may need revisiting now with
ADSM V3 and it's small file aggregation.
The numbers I have specified are:
TXNGROUPMAX   40    (I seem to remember some problem, a long time ago, when
I tried hiking that number to the max)
Movebatchsize 1000     (can't remember why I did that,  the doc in the opt
file says that number can only be as high as 256)
Movesizethresh 500

Are you all moving that TXNGROUPMAX up to something higher when you go to
V3, to get more performance benefit from small file aggregation?
What are you V3 users on OS/390 using for those 3 numbers?
Does anyone know if there is a new, updated Performance and Tuning Guide
for ADSM for V3?
Thanks,
Julie