ADSM-L

Font size on V3 GUI for AIX

1998-03-12 17:47:41
Subject: Font size on V3 GUI for AIX
From: Larry Sanders <sanders AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:47:41 -0600
Here's a complaint that I don't remember seeing discussed before.

Is anyone else unhappy with the tiny fonts, buttons, and icons used by the
V3 GUI client for AIX?  Is there a way to increase the size of the fonts
and graphics?  The basic font that is used is even smaller than the
default font used by the V2 GUI.  The V2 GUI at least honors the -fn flag
used with some X applications, but the V3 GUI ignores it.  But even if the
V3 GUI did honor -fn, I assume that it would not affect the icons,
buttons, and other graphics.

Maybe if I had a 21-inch monitor it would be more usable, but on a 17-inch
monitor, the fonts and graphics in the V3 client for AIX are just too tiny
for these middle-aged eyes.

Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
     Technology Services
University of Missouri - Columbia