ADSM-L

Re: ADSM BACKUP ON NT WORKSTATION

1998-03-10 09:23:01
Subject: Re: ADSM BACKUP ON NT WORKSTATION
From: Lou Colomba <lcolomba AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:23:01 -0500
Grant Grant Ballard wrote:

> I AM APPROACHING WITS END WITH THIS PROBLEM WE ARE HAVING.....ATTACHED
> IS A LIST OF THE STEPS I HAVE GONE THROUGH AND THE ERRORS I HAVE
> GOTTEN.  I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE THIS WORK ON
> NT PLEASE TAKE LOOK AND TELL ME ITS SOMETHING SIMPLE.
>
> THANKS,
> GRANT
>
>                          Name: ADSM_UNDER_NT.doc
>            Part 1.2      Type: zz-application/zz-winassoc-doc
>                      Encoding: base64

Grant, I think your problem is with the default permissions assigned to
registry keys.  The NT default for the registry is Admin and System Full
Control.  If you want a specific user or group to access the registry,
you must run "regedt32" and give them authority.  You can do this
through the "Permissions" option under the "Security" menu.

Lou Colomba
lcolomba AT ford DOT com