ADSM-L

Re: OE-Client - mounted volumes

1998-03-10 09:26:32
Subject: Re: OE-Client - mounted volumes
From: Koen Leeten <Koen_Leeten AT CEM DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:26:32 +0100
Hello martin,
we are in the same situation but since the critical files are on
permanently mounted HFS-files we didn't bother and rely for the user
HFS-files on the MVS backups of the VSAM's which contain the HFS-file. If
you wan't an ADSM backup i supose you could put a script that mount's the
HFS-files in the file of things to do before backup and idem but dismount's
in the file of things to do after backup. I don't know the filenames but i
rember having read about it.
As to starting adsm, from what you tell i supose you start the sheduler
from the /etc/rc file. I implemented it also like that when we started
testing but if you do it is very hard
to get a  clean shutdown in MVS, daemon's are still in the system and you
have to cancel them. We opted to start and stop the daemon's with a started
tasks which in turn can be run by an automation software. Information about
the setup of this started task sytem (a combination of started tasks and
rexx'es unther OE) can be found in the redbook "Accessing OS/390 Open
Edition MVS from the internet" SG24-4721.
 Greetings,
               Koen Leeten
               CEM
               kleeten AT cem DOT be