ADSM-L

ADSMconnect Agent for Lotus Notes on WindowsNT

1998-02-24 17:30:57
Subject: ADSMconnect Agent for Lotus Notes on WindowsNT
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:30:57 +1100
Hi,

We've been doing some testing of the Lotus Notes Agent on NT and have
come across two issues and I am wanting to find out if we are doing
something wrong, or these are limitations with the current version.

Our intended strategy is to do file level backups weekly, and daily
Notes Agent incremental backups. We performed the following test.

1.      Backup database (mail file) with ADSM backup/archive client
2.      Created some new folders, moved some documents into those
folders, deleted some documents, marked some previously read documents
as unread and created some new documents
3.      Performed an incremental backup of the database with the Notes
Agent
4.      Deleted the database
5.      Restore the database using the backup/archive client
6.      Rebuilt the database using the Notes Agent gui to bring it up to
date

Everything worked as expected except for:

1.      Documents that were deleted in step 2 reappeared after step 6.
It appears that the Agent is not correctly handling deleted documents
2.      All documents were unread after step 6

thanks,

Trevor