ADSM-L

Re: Problem with STK 9714 Library

1998-02-17 03:23:18
Subject: Re: Problem with STK 9714 Library
From: Kenneth Hansen <clean77 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 00:23:18 PST
Hi John W.

I think I have had the same problem with a STK9710.
When we gave the Checkin command,the 9710 inserted the first tape
in the tape drive, and when it was done and the 9710 was
going to put the tape back, we got an I/O error.
If youare useing a scsi interface on the 9714,
you need to check if the robot is configured with
"ENABLE Faslt load".
Hopefully this will solve the problem..

>Date:         Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:24:24 EST
>Sender:       "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>From:         "John W. Stephens" <John_W_Stephens AT NOTES.PW DOT COM>
>Subject:      Problem with STK 9714 Library
>To:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>
>STK 9714 connected to ADSM NT Server.  Checkin processing appears to
leave the
>import port on the library locked remdering it impossible to perform
more than
>one checkin without re-IPLing the library.  Is anyone else seeing this?
Is it