ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation question

1998-01-27 14:33:16
Subject: Re: Reclamation question
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:33:16 +0200
Don,

To my knowledge ADSM does not use STGPOOL % figures but rather the volume %
figures to determine reclamation candidates. And only for sequential
storage pool volumes. Like tape or file. So a Q VO * will show the  volume
% readings. If anyone of them is EMPTY more than your RECLAMATION THRESHOLD
is, then provided you've two or more mountpoints in the stgpool applicable,
RECLAMATION will start automatically when there are more than one candidate
volumes. You can even schedule that by manipulating the RECLAMATION
THRESHOLDS to only perform TAPE RECLAMATION at preferred times.

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions