ADSM-L

Re: IDENTICAL BACKUPS...

1997-12-19 15:23:41
Subject: Re: IDENTICAL BACKUPS...
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:23:41 -0500
Are you sure that something like ACL's, extended attributes, file system
compression,  or trustee rights are not
the cause for adsm backing these files up? ADSM will detect changes to files
other than the binary image of the file
...different things trigger a backup on different platforms. The one bug I'm
aware of in this area is with the version 3
NetWare client. NWIGNORECOMPRESSBIT is broken (to be fixed in the next PTF).

Regards,
Frank Ramke

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        12-19-97 03:54 AM