ADSM-L

Re: AIX V3 libt=ext & $5

1997-11-21 18:44:03
Subject: Re: AIX V3 libt=ext & $5
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:44:03 -0800
We just ordered ADSM/AIX V3 with Extended Device support.

However, during our "proof of concept" testing, we used the external library
manager to access STK 4490 drives located in an STK silo.

We choose to order the Extended Device Support primarily because the version
3 price is substantially lower than the version 2 pricing.  At the version 2
price level, we couldn't justify the cost.

We hope to get better reliability and faster (per IBM) tape access using the
Extened Device Driver.