ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading v2 -> v3: What to order?

1997-11-06 17:47:35
Subject: Re: Upgrading v2 -> v3: What to order?
From: Ian Munro <ian AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 15:47:35 -0700
>Hi everybody, but especially IBM'ers on this list!
>
>I want to get the prices for upgrading my ADSM v2.1 installation to
>version 3, but our IBM rep cannot find the right order numbers.
>Everytime I check the order numbers IBM tells me, I can see that they
>talk about the full product, but not the special Upgrade Packages, as
>mentioned in the version 3 announcement letters.  Maybe somebody on
>this list can help.  Here it is my configuration:

I've got my hands on an IBM communication with respect to what V2 features
map into what V3 features. See below for a mapping of the V2 features to the
V3 features.

|  V2 FEATURES             |  V3 FEATURES                     |
|  Single Server (NT Only)     |  Single Server                    *
*                              *                                   |
*                              *  Note: Includes the V2 Device     |
*                              *        Modules 1 & 2              |
|  Network Enabler             |  Network Enabler                  |
|                              |                                   |
|   NOTE: AIX Customers must   |  Note: Includes the following V2  |
|   upgrade to the V3 Single   |        features:                  |
|   Server & Network Enabler   |        - UNIX Environment Support |
|                              |        - Desktop Env. Support     |
+------------------------------+                                   *
|  Desktop Environment Support |                                   |
+------------------------------+                                   *
|  Unix Environment Support    |                                   |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Open Systems File Support   |  Open Systems File Support        |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Disaster Recovery Manager   |  Disaster Recovery Manager        |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Hierarchical Storage Mgmt   |  Hierarchical Storage Management  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Device Module 1             |                                   |
+------------------------------+                                   *
|  Device Module 2             |                                   |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Device Module 3             |  Extended Device Module           |
+------------------------------+                                   |
|  Device Module 4             |  Note: Includes the V2 Device     |
|                              |        Modules 3 & 4, and the     |
+------------------------------+        Secondary server attachment³
³  Secondary Server Attachment |                                   |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Client Authorization        |  Client Authorization             |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

Once you've determined the equivalent configuration for V3, you can
use the V3 order numbers below for the upgrades. These part numbers
will automatically discount 40% off the V3 pricing.

|  V3 NT Upgrade Part Numbers  |  V3 AIX Upgrade Part Numbers      |
|  Single Server Program       |  Single Server Program            |
|   Package                    |  Package                          |
|                              |                                   |
|   Order Type: 5803-AAR       |  Order Type: 5803-AAR             |
|   Feature #: 2149            |  Feature #: 0928                  |
|   Part #: 04L0056            |  Part #: 4073893                  |
|  Single Server 1 Install (no |  Single Server 1 Install (no      |
|   media)(=Permission to copy)|  media)(=Permission to copy)      |
|                              |                                   |
|   Order Type: 5804-AAR       |  Order Type: 5804-AAR             |
|   Feature #: 1396            |  Feature #: 0607                  |
|   Part #: 04L0057            |  Part #: 4073895                  |
|  Network Enabler             |  Network Enabler                  |
|                              |                                   |
|                              |                                   |
|   Order Type: 5808-AAR       |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|   Feature #: 0846            |  Feature #: 7072                  |
|   Part #: 04L0062            |  Part #: 4073689                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Open Systems File Support   |  Open Systems File Support        |
|                              |                                   |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0848             |  Feature #: 0326                  |
|  Part #: 04L0064             |  Part #: 4073916                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Disaster Recovery Manager   |  Disaster Recovery Manager        |
|                              |                                   |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0849             |  Feature #: 0328                  |
|  Part #: 04L0065             |  Part #: 4073913                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Hierarchical Storage Mgmt   |  Hierarchical Storage Management  |
|                              |                                   |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0847             |  Feature #: 0327                  |
|  Part #: 04L0063             |  Part #: 4073910                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Extended Device Module      |  Extended Device Module           |
|                              |                                   |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0850             |  Feature #: 0329                  |
|  Part #: 04L0066             |  Part #: 4073919                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Client Authorization        |  Client Authorization             |
|                              |                                   |
|  1 User Authorization:       |  1 User Authorization:            |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0842             |  Feature #: 0322                  |
|  Part #: 04L0058             |  Part #: 4073898                  |
|                              |                                   |
|  5 User Authorizations:      |  5 User Authorizations:           |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0843             |  Feature #: 0323                  |
|  Part #: 04L0059             |  Part #: 4073901                  |
|                              |                                   |
|  10 User Authorizations:     |  10 User Authorizations:          |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0844             |  Feature #: 0324                  |
|  Part #: 04L0060             |  Part #: 4073904                  |
|                              |                                   |
|  50 User Authorizations:     |  50 User Authorizations:          |
|  Order Type: 5808-AAR        |  Order Type: 5808-AAR             |
|  Feature #: 0845             |  Feature #: 0325                  |
|  Part #: 04L0061             |  Part #: 4073907                  |
+------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

Example:

  ADSM V2 configuration for AIX is 1 Network server with Desktop Environment,
Device Support 2,HSM and 9 clients.

  The equivalent Version 3 configuration is obtained by purchasing the
following upgrade parts: 1 Single Server Program Package, 1 Network Enabler,
1 HSM and 9 clients.
Ian Munro
Vice President
Mainland Information Systems