ADSM-L

ADSM & Netware NDS

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: ADSM & Netware NDS
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/4/97 11:10AM
The problem is in your domain statement - if you specify the Domain
statement, the NDS or Bindery will NOT be backed up UNLESS you specify them
as part of the Domain statement.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/4/97 11:10 AM

Hi all,

Has anyone done a restore of Netware 4.11 NDS yet?
We tried a restore of one of our clients to a test server
and the NDS was never backed up.
I have DOMAIN SYS: specified in the DSM.OPT, but
only run incrementals on a daily basis. Does anybody know
why backing up the NDS is not the default?
On Netware 3.1x it is the default to back up the bindery when
doing an incremental backup.

If we are doing something wrong let me know, else I suggest
you run a selective backup of the NDS as quick as possible...

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Group
Johannesburg