ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & Netware NDS

1997-11-05 09:03:55
Subject: Re: ADSM & Netware NDS
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:03:55 -0500
Hi Christo,

I'm glad that  this is working for you now.

As to whether it is documented clearly... I guess it may depend on how you
define "clear".     &-)

The DOMAIN section in the "Using the Novell NetWare Backup-Archive Client" says
that the default domain is all local volumes and the bindery. So it is
documented, sort of, by omission.

There is also a file you should look at on the second ADSM V2 NetWare client
diskette. The file name is \DOC\ADSMDOC.EXE. This is a self-extracting
executable that extracts several files, including NTWBACK.TXT. This document,
written by one of our developers, provides more in-depth information on using
ADSM to back up NetWare, especially the NDS. In that document, section 3.2.2
"Specifying the Entire NDS for Backup" has a note:

"Note:   The NDS is not included in  DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL ; you must explicitly
code  DIRECTORY  in the  DOMAIN  option or use one of the backup commands
listed above to backup the NDS."

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support