ADSM-L

Re: FileGuard on a Macintosh.....

1997-10-22 20:25:16
Subject: Re: FileGuard on a Macintosh.....
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:25:16 -0800
Jerry, did putting the file FG_Data in the exclude list help?  This should
solve the problem.  I'm not sure why it didn't simply skip the file,
though.  Was there return code number in the error log?

Brett
ADSM Development

>I have a customer who has installed a product called FileGuard on the Macs in
>his department, and now ADSM has stopped working.  It appears to be tripping
>over a file named FG_Data (invisible, by the way).  Messages in the Scheduler
>log indicate that the data set is being held by File Guard, but instead of
>skipping the file and continuing, the client looses the connection at that
>point, and cannot proceed.
>
>My first response to the customer was to put the file in the exclude list,
>and try again, and he is going to do that for tonight.
>
>In the mean time, he asked me to post a note to the list, and see if there
>was anyone out here who had seen this problem, and if so did they have a
>better solution to the problem.  If the file is excluded, and a restore is
>needed, what will FileGuard do when this file is not available?
>
>TIA
>                                                     Jerry
>
>Insanity is doing the same thing over and over..and expecting the results to
>be different - Anon.

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller