ADSM-L

Re: ADSM through a firewall

1997-10-08 15:01:49
Subject: Re: ADSM through a firewall
From: "Jorgensen, John" <jjorgensen AT CALIBERSYS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 15:01:49 -0400
Bill,

We use an ANS InterLock firewall and back up a couple Windows/NT hosts
that are on the Internet. We do this automatically with the scheculer.
To do this:

1.) Set up a TCP forwarder to forward packets on port 1500 to your ADSM
server which is presumably on the private side.
2.) When you configure you ADSM client on the machine to be backed up
(DSM.OPT file) point it at the public side IP address of your firewall
instead of
the ADSM server.
3.) Add rules to firewall to permit port 1500 to go only for the
selected
machines on the public side.

Hope this works for you.

John A. Jorgensen
Caliber Technology, Inc.           (330) 384-9000 Ext 3848
557 E Tallmadge Ave.              FAX (330) 258-6066
Akron, Ohio 44310