ADSM-L

Re: hp-ux client backup problems

1997-10-02 02:18:05
Subject: Re: hp-ux client backup problems
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:18:05 -0700
We are seeing similar errors on our IRIX clients, and I had two
questions for those who see these errors:

1) do you see them during scheduled backups, regular backups, or
   archives? (or all three?)

2) what does the activity log on the server side say?

What we are seeing is ANR0443W and ANR0444W errors (invalid field
errors, or out-of-sequence verb errors). We are trying
desperately to figure out what is causing these problems, b/c I
am now seeing them on more than fifty percent of all archive
processes that we run.

Interested to hear anybody else's experiences with these errors.

Our environment is AIX 4.1.4 server (SP wide node) with code
level 2.1.5.13, and client is IRIX 6.2 with ADSM code level
2.1.0.6G. Network is ATM.

 -- Tom