ADSM-L

ADSM RESTORE OPS

1997-09-19 18:18:44
Subject: ADSM RESTORE OPS
From: "Standen, Gilbert" <StandeGL AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:18:44 -0500
Greetings!  "ADSM restore intermittent hangs" (also known as "The
Lawnmower man hits a pothole now and then")  We use MVS ADSM with
Interlink for MVS TCP/IP
to SUN Solaris 2.5.1 over FDDI network and use the ADSM to back up
several ORACLE databases running on the SUN servers.  We have an
intermittent glitch and would greatly appreciate anything you could
share with us.
Backup works with 100% reliability, but restores sometimes inexplicably
"hang".  We see only
ANR0480W in the ADSM error log. Vendor technical support for various
products in the data
path have so far not solved this problem. We have been working on this
problem for three months.
Any responses very welcome !

Gil Standen
Maritz Corporation