ADSM-L

AIX LVs > 2GB

1997-08-15 16:27:16
Subject: AIX LVs > 2GB
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:27:16 -0700
Hello,
We are running ADSM server 2.1.0.13 on an AIX 4.1.5 machine. My problem is
that we will be using 4.5gb SSA drives for storage pool volumes but I keep
getting the following error message:
08/08/1997 16:37:00  ANR9999D dsvol.c(485): Error 2 creating bit vector

                      DSKV0000028856 for disk /dev/rrawvol1.

whenever I try to define a storage volume using AIX LV that is > 2gb in
size. I know that in AIX 4.1.5 there is still a filesize limitation of 2gb.
That is why I am trying to use the raw logical volume approach. I've called
in to support and the explanation I've gotten from level 1 is that it is an
AIX limitation. This does not make too much sense to me since even in 4.1.5
the 2gb maximum filesystem size has been lifted. So in the meantime while
I'm waiting for callback from level 2, does anybody have an explanation or
better yet a solution to this problem other than defining multiple LVs on a PV?

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.