ADSM-L

Copy Storage Pool Questions

1997-08-12 20:41:27
Subject: Copy Storage Pool Questions
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:41:27 -0700
Hello ADSMers,
I have a couple of questions regarding copy storage pools. Firstly, does
anybody know what triggers or how to trigger reclamation for tape volumes
in a copy storage pool? I understand that in a primary storage pool,
reclamation occurs only for tape volumes that have status=full. However,
for copy storage pool volumes that are created and off-sited daily, their
status remains 'Filling'. The update volume command does not allow for
changing the status. So is there any other way to trigger reclamation for
these volumes?

Secondly, I'd like to hear from anybody that has collocation turned on for
their copy storage pool. Basically, I am interested in what the advantages
are because it seems to me that collocation will result in creating lots of
nearly empty tapes daily which must be manually handled in some fashion.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.