ADSM-L

Doing Restores Only

1997-08-12 15:44:02
Subject: Doing Restores Only
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Betsy.Moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:44:02 -0500
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

Does anyone know of any way to allow users to perform restores using the
GUI interface, while keeping them being able to do backups.  We have a
group here who would like to have the individual workstation clients be
able to restore their own files, but they want the administrator to have
total control of the backups.  I think they're afraid of having an
unknowledgeable user possibly back up corrupted data enough times to push
out all the versions leaving nothing good to restore.

Any and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Betsy